Semester Reflection

I really enjoyed this class for several reasons. First, there was more opportunity for discussion than any of my other classes. This made it feel as if I was more engaged in the class. It also allowed me to express my opinion and thoughts which is unusual in business courses where it's usually black and white. This ability to discuss also made it intriguing to listen to other classmates as they shared differing opinions which was thought-provoking and led to discussion. 

Next, the class promoted critical thinking rather than just copying down notes or memorizing information. This pushed me to really think about subjects, pushed me to ponder questions more than I would have on my own. Although tougher, challenge leads to more learning and growth. 

Thirdly, the material was good. I almost missed reading fiction and English literature. Having spent the better part of 4 years reading almost exclusively non-fiction books, I missed the attention to detail to shape a story and usually the slower progress compared to non-fiction. 

Having said all that, sometimes I felt the 2 hour class dragged on a little bit for a variety of potential reasons. One perhaps I was fatigued and anxious to get out. Two, perhaps overall as a class we were lethargic thus not participating and engaged leading to a slow class. Third, it could be my brain getting used to quick hits of dopamine conditioned largely by social media and being disappointed when it takes longer to get them while analyzing English. 

All in all, this was my favorite class as it was interactive, there's great people and it challenged me. Then again maybe I say this about every class...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Feminism. Questioning Old Beliefs

Neuroscience, Advertising & Emily Dickinson?